While traditional campus-based courses remain the most popular, there is an increasing interest in online study, with its flexibility and easy access.
Why study online?
- Online courses provide opportunities to learn and engage with people from different backgrounds and experiences.
- You can study anywhere in the world, provided you have access to the internet and a computer.
- Consider testing the waters beforehand by doing a free MOOC (massive open online course).
- Online postgraduate degrees should provide the same standard of teaching as a “campus” degree.
- If you have a family or are working, self-discipline is essential, so set easy, manageable goals.
- Keep notes, otherwise, you’ll find yourself continually returning to the online platform.
- Many courses can be extended over several years if students require extra time to complete the postgraduate course.
- Consider asking your employer to finance the course, as it may well benefit them as well as you.
Qualifi Awarding Organisation provides level 7 postgraduate vocationally related qualifications that offer progression to online accelerated masters degree pathways, please visit the Qualifi website for further information at http://qualifi.net/university-pathways